Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Remembrance

In 1993 there was a movie produce that has been considered one of, in not, the best films in the world. Schindler's List tells the story of a polish business man who saves thousands of Jewish people by giving them work in his factory. I'm no sure of all the details, since I haven't actually seen Schindler's List. I have, however, heard the soundtrack to the movie and fell in love with the exquisite emotion poured into it's theme. I feel that the music is a good representation of the great sorrow of the lose of  two-thirds of a Jewish population of nine million during the Holocaust. The following is a commentary of and performance of the Schindler's List Theme by Itzhak Perlman(my favorite violinist).

2 comments:

  1. This song is just beautiful. I haven't seen the movie either, but I love this song. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete