Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Prequel to February Music of the Month

Every time I discover a new piece of music or a new song I always find myself asking the same question: Why didn't I know about this sooner? Many times we discover new music through a friend or the radio and often times that those discoveries are limited to a specific genre or time. Limited discovries can be very frustrating. I know personally, due to my very eclectic taste in music, that I get very tired listening to the same thing (genre or timeline) over and over again. One day, to my surpise and relief, a beloved professor of mine said to me, "Stop sitting around waiting for the music to come to you. Go find it!" And I did (and am). I went to (and am going to)as many concerts as I could and I got my hands on as much music as I could. Exposure to music, often times, only comes when it is desired, but for those who don't have any exposure to multiple types of music, I have created Music of the Month. Every month I will be posting Music of the Month in my sidebar. Every time, or as often as I can, I will be writing a little bit about each of the pieces or songs that Music of the Month is featuring. My next post will be the first of many (I hope). I hope you all enjoy this music as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment