Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Sunnies

Today was a stunning day, albeit a little chilly. I had a chance to go on a walk and get a few pictures.

As I was walking, I aimlessly pondered a squirrel's tail (I had just photographed one). When the light hit the tail just right, it appeared to be a thin rats tail covered in transparent fur. While pondering my squirrel's tail, I posed a question to my father (the one who had suggested the walk). "I wonder why God gave squirrels fluffy tails?" I asked, rather philosophically. "If the fluff was gone, it would look similar to a rat's tail (a relative also in the rodent family)." As I pondered longer, I realized that the squirrel is a reflection of a very creative creator. I think that through the vast differences in His creation God reveals his unimaginable glory. If God had created every animal to look the same, what would that say about our creator? I think it would show that he took little pleasure in what he had created, which would be contradictory to His word. When God created nature he looked at everything and saw that it was good; this shows interest, concern and care on God's part. I had never thought of God caring so much about the differences in creatures. We have an amazing, complex and fascinating God. Here's a photo of the pondered squirrel.




No comments:

Post a Comment