Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pancake Eaters


Hey everyone! I haven't been bloggging much lately because I have been in the process of finishing my degree (just a month left)! I had a little breather last week and I felt like being creative, so I decided to have some fun making up my own pancake recipe. I ended up creating a recipe I loved, because it was tasty and fairly healthful, and it's a recipe my family loved! I have a couple of pancake eaters in the family who are very particular about taste and texture, so it was huge success to have them all request a second round of Apple Buckwheat pancakes. I thought you all might enjoy try this recipe as well. These are superb with a little apple butter or butter and honey.

 (A picture of buckwheat pancakes that look similar to mine. I forgot to take one.)

Apple Buckwheat Pancakes

2 eggs
1 cup Buckwheat (can use whole wheat ,but flavor is different)
1 cup Barley flour or all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk (I used Almond)
1/4 cup oil (I use coconut) or butter
2 to 4 tablespoons agave syrup, honey or sugar (I used agave)
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
2 apples grated (sweet and slightly soft apples give pancakes a better taste and texture)
                                                             
Instructions

Beat eggs until fluffy. Beat all wet ingredients into eggs. Add dry ingredients in 4 additions. Add apples into batter last. For a thinner batter add about 1/4 to 1/3 cups more milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment